- Hunger and Food Security: Classic City Rotarians provide regular service at the Food Bank of Northeast Georgia, and support the Senior Hunger Coalition, helping target food insecurity among older residents, in conjunction with the Athens Community Council on Aging.
- Recreation and Environment: Our Club's Centennial Service Project (commemorating Rotary's 100th anniversary) is at the North Oconee River Greenway, a hiking/biking/interpretive trail running along the Oconee River through much of Athens. The Charles Aguar Memorial Plaza was dedicated by Athens-Clarke Co. on June 11, 2005. Our club continues to provide landscaping and maintenance of the plaza and greenway every year.
We also have helped with landscaping, soccer field construction, and trail building at JJ Harris Elementary School.
- Literacy: The club has provided books for participants in the Even Start program and the Read with your Hero day. With funding from a District Simplified Grant, our club provided specialized software to the Pinewoods library for use by Latino adults working to learn English (2007-08), and raised funds for GED resources (including a $1000 District Simplified Grant. Classic City Rotarians have taken part in an adult spelling bee benefiting the Athens-Clarke Literacy Council annually since 2010. Club members regularly "recycle" magazines to promote community literacy, and have sponsored essay contests for local elementary students and provided school supplies.
- Health: Classic City Rotary received and implemented a Blane Immunization grant (2007) to partner with the Athens Nurses Clinic to provide influenza and pneumonia vaccines for homeless, immigrant, and indigent populations in the Athens area. We also provided medical equipment for the clinic (2009) and have helped with additional funding support many years. Athens Nurses Clinic check
- Quality of Life: Our club founded the Athens Youth Symphony in 2000 and has continued to provide financial support since then. This great organization provides young musicians from all around north Georgia the opportunity to play in an orchestral setting and conducts concerts twice a year at the University of Georgia's Hugh Hodgson Hall. Classic City Rotary was also a key sponsor for the downtown Athens statue of aviation pioneer Ben Epps, and has helped provide funding for various projects relating to arts and music. Cedar Shoals HS Chorale
- Other Community Projects: Our Club also annually supports the United Way Day of Caring; helps Athens-Clarke Co. Clean & Beautiful with Christmas Tree recycling; supports the American Red Cross and Salvation Army; and responds to other local needs.
Day of Caring
Salvation Army Bell Ringing
UGA Stadium Clean-Up
Donations for Grandparents Raising Grandchildren